Sexual Assault Support Services in Sonoma County
SRJC and Sonoma County have many services available to support and assist you to discuss your feelings, regardless of when the assault occurred. Trained staff are available to work with survivors, families and significant others, and coordinate with other agencies to assist you in exploring options.
Santa Rosa Junior College Resources
- District Title IX Officer/Vice President of Human Resources: (707) 527-4954
- Student Health Services (Confidential):
- Plover: (707) 524-1595
- Race: (707) 527-4445
- Petaluma: (707) 707-778-3919
- District Police Department: (707) 527-1000
OFF CAMPUS RESOURCES
- Verity 24-hour Rape Crisis Hotline: (707) 545-7273
- FREE counseling line, accompaniment and advocacy services are provided to victims of all forms of sexual assault including: incest, child sexual abuse, date rape, marital rape, same sex rape, sexual harassment, and attempted sexual assault…No matter how long ago the incident occurred. These services are provided by staff and trained volunteers. Drop in group available.
- Walk-in Crisis Counseling: Weekdays, 9:00 AM–5:00 PM
- Hearing and Speech Impaired Rape Crisis Hotline TDD:Verity provides confidential services to deaf survivors and family members who have been affected by sexual assault. Now, persons with hearing or speech impairments have access to a confidential rape crisis line and can tap into local support services focusing on rape and sexual assault issues. Verity takes 711 (California Relay Service) calls from deaf, hard of hearing and speech-disabled callers. The California Relay Service (CRS) provides specially-trained operators to relay telephone conversations back and forth between people who are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech-disabled and all those they wish to communicate with by telephone.
- English and Spanish.
- YWCA 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline: (707) 546-1234
- The YWCA Sonoma County supports women and children in abusive environments by providing safe shelter, therapy and on-going support for up to two years.
Other Sonoma County Community Resources
- Sonoma County Victim/Witness Assistance: (707) 565-8250
- Sonoma County Adult Protective Services 24-hour Abuse Hotline: (800) 667-0404
- Sonoma County Child Protective Services 24-hour Emergency Line: (707) 565-4304 or (800) 870-7064
- Suicide Prevention: (800) 746-8181
- MEN (Men Evolving Non-Violently) Offender Hotline: (707) 528-2636
- Legal Aid of Sonoma County: (707) 542-1290
- Family Justice Center: (707) 565-8265
- Legal Services/Lawyer Referral: (707) 546-5297
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE
- Web Resources
- Not Alone
- Medline Plus: Rape
- Megan's Law
- Sonoma County Men
- NSVRC: SAAM
- Safer Campus
- Feminist: 911
- Know Your IX: Title IX Basics
- To learn more about sexual assault, stalking, healthy relationships, and the new "Yes Means Yes" law, check out videos created by The Not Anymore campaign which can be viewed for free on the Student Success YouTube Channel