Know that sexual assault is never the survivor’s fault.
You have the right to make informed choices.
- Personal safety is first.
- Get to a safe environment.
- Call a friend.
- If unsure about your safety or if you need immediate medical assistance, call 9-1-1.
- If you are physically hurt, get medical attention.
- Any medical provider who knows or suspects you are being treated for physical injuries related to an assault is required by law to report to law enforcement.
- You do not have to cooperate with any investigation.
- You can have personal support people with you, including a Verity crisis counselor/advocate.