Student Health Services Help Center
DISASTER DISTRESS HELPLINE
- Communicate with a Live Person 24/7, English and Spanish
- Phone or Text: 1-800-985-5990
Working Through Recent Tragic Events
Common Normal Reactions:
- Shock / Sorrow / Numbness / Fear / Anger / Trouble sleeping / Difficulty concentrating / Finding it hard to continue with coursework
- Denial / Vivid dreams or flashbacks / Sadness / Anger / Fear / Focusing / Hopeless / Anxious / Difficulty communicating or reaching out to others
Tips on Coping:
- Talk about it and ask for support from friends, faculty, and staff.
- Be sensitive to your others' feelings and reactions along with your own.
- Take breaks from social and other media. Give you brain a chance to recuperate and decrease your stress.
- Take care of yourself, exercise, eat normally and try to sleep.
- If you feel unsafe, be around friends, have someone walk with you across campus and connect with others.