The web sites below are not meant to replace a visit with a health provider, but to provide additional information that you may find helpful.
Finding and maintaining health and life balance is challenging. You have the power to make choices that can either enhance or detract from your general well-being. We are here to help you make the best decisions concerning your physical, social and mental health.
Below are web sites that can be helpful in making the best health choices, enhancing your academic, social and personal goals.
- Eat right for Sports and Performance: This site provides nutritional information for athletes and those who strive to become athletes.
- Vegetarian Nutrition: This site provides nutritional information to keep Vegetarians healthy.
- Healthy Recipes: This site provides information and recipes for students wanting to improve their way of eating.
- Eating Well: This site provides information and recipes for students wanting to improve their way of eating.
- CDC Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity: This site is maintained by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and provides public health strategies and programs that improve dietary quality, support healthy child development, and reduce chronic disease.
- Go ask Alice: This site answers questions on relationships; sexuality; sexual health; emotional health; fitness and nutrition; alcohol, nicotine and other drugs and general health.
- How to reduce Stress and Sadness: How to Reduce Stress and Sadness.
- The Importance of Sleep: Information to help you to get a better night's sleep.
There are clinicians at the Student Health Center who are available to talk to you about any health concern. If you would like to discuss a health care issue, please call the clinic to make an appointment.