SPS follows all CAPIC and BAPIC deadlines and procedures. We take submissions of completed applications starting in February and up through the official deadline(s).
An application must include:
- A letter of intent. We would like applicants’ letters of intent to introduce themselves, to detail their interest in the SRJC SPS Training Program, their clinical experience, as well what they hope to gain from participating in our Training Program, outlining their interest in the site and reasons why it would be a positive match. (CAPIC interns should also indicate whether they are interested in a one or two-year program, as well as whether they are interested in the 24/hour/week and 12 month option, or the 20/hour/week and 10 month option.)
- A completed CAPIC/BAPIC Uniform Application with essays OR a completed SPS Application.
- Three letters of recommendation.(Applicants from MA programs only may instead have two references supply 3-line emails that specify their connection to you, your strengths, and your growth edges.)
- Your Curriculum Vitae.
Email completed applications to:
Dr. Bert Epstein, PsyD
Student Psychological Services
CAPIC materials should be sent via the CAPIC registration process.
All applicants will be notified of received applications, and informed about the procedure ensuing. Applicants are notified as per the CAPIC/BAPIC process if they will not be considered. Applications are reviewed and interviews are begun as soon as is possible, conducted in person in Santa Rosa. Interviews consist of the applicant highlighting experience, strengths and limitations, desires and goals for participation in SPS, a role play, brief case presentation, and discussion of the requirements of the program and any questions remaining. Notifications are made per the CAPIC/BAPIC procedures and notification days.
MA-level applicants may apply after their site fair.
Prior to starting the placement, applicants need to have a background check.
Current Deadline Information for Academic Year 2022 - 2023
We begin accepting applications in February, and encourage early submission.
For CAPIC Pre-Doctoral Internships:
- CAPIC Pre-Doctoral internships: applications are due by February 21, 2022
For BAPIC/MA (masters level) Practicum Placements:
- BAPIC Doctoral Practicum and MA MFT/PCC applications are due by February 25, 2021
Interviews will take place in March.
Uniform Matching and Notification:
- MFT: February/March, 2022
- CAPIC: March 22, 2022
- BAPIC: April 15, 2022.